5 Top Tips For Valuing and Selling Your Property
At The Norfolk Agents, we really are experts at property valuation. Our track record, even as a relatively new estate agent in Fakenham, speaks for itself, and we are very proud of our customer reviews and sales statistics.
So here are 5 top tips to help you value and ultimately sell your property quickly:
1. Check sold property prices (not asking prices) in and around your postcode. There are various online tools for doing this, but we would urge caution as a too high valuation can lead to inflated expectations and a slow sale time. No two properties are often alike, except on new developments and even these can vary in terms of fixtures, extensions, garden size, outlook and location – for example a property at the end of a cul-de-sac may command a higher price than one on the main road into the development.
2. Think about what your property cost you and the value you’ve added to it in terms of home improvements. Although kitchen and bathrooms renovations are the most popular home improvements that can add significant value on to your home, don’t expect everything you’ve spent on your home to add to the property value. A property often has what’s called “a ceiling price.” We can give you a great idea of that ceiling price and your property’s worth across Norfolk.
3. Assess how quickly you need to move. Do you need to relocate from King’s Lynn or Swaffham quickly? Are your plans to sell your property in Dereham or Hunstanton less urgent? A valuation is often set in a range – if you opt for a high range value but need a quick sale, you may end up disappointed. If you want to move fast, you need a price that will get viewers through the door and offers made, not a valuation that could well leave it languishing for months. We know how high or low demand is for properties in Norfolk – whether that’s homes in Burnham Market, Fakenham, Brancaster or further afield.
4. Look at asking prices of current properties for sale in and around your Norfolk postcode, to gauge how quickly properties are going under offer. If there’s few under offer, it’s often down to inaccurate valuations. Many corporate estate agents have targets set by head office – they may overvalue to hit those targets. But are they selling for that price? Laura and Ross can tell you – we have Norfolk property data at our fingertips.
5. The final one is a bit of a cheat, sorry, as you should ask the experts, so get in touch with us at The Norfolk Agents. We know local property and the wider property market in Norfolk well, and we will sell your house quickly for the highest possible price, and save you thousands of pounds in fees at the same time, what have you go to lose?
Get in touch today for a free no-obligation valuation and professional advice from one of the best estate agents in Fakenham, Norfolk.